Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sixty Years!






My husband and I just returned from a great celebration. My parents, Rev. and Mrs. Casey Jones, Sr., were married 60 years on February 5th, but the actual party was this past Saturday, February 12, 2011. We had a great time with friends and family; of course, we especially enjoyed honoring my Dad and Mom.






Sixty years of marriage. Most couples are not privileged to live that long and some do not stay together that long, so this milestone is worthy of a great celebration!






I learned quite a few things from my parents over the years. I thought I'd jot down just a few:






I learned how to show love to my husband because I had two awesome examples.



I learned about faithfulness to one's spouse by the faithfulness of my own parents.



I learned about for God at a young age because they loved Him first.



I learned about being punctual because my parents were always on time.



I learned about faithfulness to the House of God because they never missed church.



I learned to love the Word of God because the Bible was read and loved in our home.



I learned about passing on values to your children because they passed on so many to me.






I could go on and on... but I hope you get the picture. I am grateful for their years together and for their continued love for each other and God. Time has changed them, slowing their steps, but they are still strong and powerful people in my eyes!






I love you, Dad & Mom






Charlotte

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sis Mills Can you joined the rest of us on blogg world. Congrats to your parents. Say hello to them from me. Love ya

    ReplyDelete