I finally went to the podiatrist yesterday, with my main concern being a deformed toe on my left foot. The doctor X-rayed both feet and said the tightening of a tendon on the toe was causing a deformity called a "hammer toe". If I decide in the future, a simple procedure can correct that problem.
However, it seems I have some other problems, one being that my Achilles' tendon is too tight on both of my feet. So, the kind doctor sent me home with "The Boot." His instructions were to wear this boot each night for eight weeks, alternating between my right and left feet. This piece of equipment is not soft; the body of it is hard, hard plastic. But, being the faithful follower of rules that I am, I fastened my right foot and leg into this contraption before retiring last night.
If I laid on my back, all was well. But, I do not sleep that way all night long. So, when I proceeded to lay on either side, I felt that both of my legs were being abused, contused and bruised! I love to get a good night's sleep and this wonderful medical apparatus that was supposed to help me was messing with my snoozing!
At 3:00 AM, I calculated that I'd been wearing this thing for 5 hours. I made a major decision - to boot "The Boot"! Off it came, and I enjoyed a few more hours of pain-free rest!!
I wanted to ask the dear doctor a question this morning: "How am I helping my ankle if I cannot get any sleep?" Another question came to mind and that was, "I went to the doctor with a deformed left toe. How in the world did I end up with "The Boot"?
Oh, well, just wanted to share this experience with a few of my dear friends!
Love,
Mom/Charlotte (whichever applies)
LOL. How funny! (and miserable!) I've been wanting to go to the podiatrist myself, for my feet hurt all the time, even waking me at night with pain. But, I don't want them to give me the boot!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL. love you so much!
You are quite hilarious my dear mother!!
ReplyDeleteHate your discomfort....that boot looks too big to handle such a small toe!
I was thinking the same thing.... for one little bitty toe... you got a BOOT that goes all the way up your LEG LOL
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for you discomfort mom... If you want to make the boot disappear I am sure Maddox could help you with that!!! LOL
Love you bunches!!!