Yesterday, my grandson, Maddox, came to me and with a cute little grin said, "I left something for you in your mailbox, Mimi." For about five years I have had this litle metal mailbox designed by one of my favorite artists, Mary Englebreit. As the grandchildren have gotten older, they take turns playing with it. There's just something special about opening a mailbox and discovering something inside. Sure enough, when I opened my mailbox, there was Maddox's special letter, which he then announced was for "you and PawPaw."
I was reminded of my first email address with aol.com - how every time a new message appeared in my inbox, I'd hear "You've got mail!" I loved hearing those words!
Later on, I opened and re-read another letter; this one found in a worn, leather bound book. The words were ancient but still new -".... and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." Matthew 28:20. I chose to read another "letter" - "For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed." Malachi 3:6
It doesn't matter how many problems there are in life, or how bad the economy is - God is still with me and He hasn't changed - nor will He ever change! Thanks for that mail, Lord!
My hope and prayer today is that you will find some mail - whether it comes in the form of a hand-scribbled, crumpled paper in a metal mailbox, or a stamped envelope in a box outside your door - I hope you are reminded that you matter to someone out there.
But, if there is no physical letter from an earthly loved one, pick up the Bible, open it up.... and I hope you hear the still small voice saying, "You've Got Mail!"
Love always,
Charlotte
Thanks for that reminder! Awesome post!
ReplyDeleteYes, God is always there!
Love Heidi
Oh my dear sweet Mama Mills!!! To read your words is to reminisce on a long ago Tuesday morning 10:00 am lady's Bible Study. I Love you, and I love your "devotions". Great post!
ReplyDelete