On September 12, 1953, my mother gave birth to her second child, a daughter. Dad and Mom were ecstatic, and named that little girl Charlotte Dianne Jones. That little girl is me, and even though yesterday was MY birthday, I wanted this blog post to reflect my thanks to the great lady who birthed me. Thanks, Mom!
In today's society, babies are often disregarded, destroyed - done away with! But, I wouldn't be here today celebrating if my mother had chosen a different route. Thanks for choosing life, Mom! For being there to nurture me through my life. Because of your love of life, and because of God Almighty, I live today! I am grateful.
For all the diapers changed, meals prepared, clothes washed and ironed, and hugs passed out - I just want to extend my most heartfelt THANKS!! You have given me a rich legacy; one that placed God as the Master, Dad next, and then family! So many memories I have of my childhood days; great and precious memories.
I miss you more today and wish numerous miles were not between us. I wish your health was better so you could travel, or that I was rich enough to own a plane to allow me to visit you at least bi-weekly! Oh, what fun that would be! And, just think how many 1,000 piece puzzles we could put together (with Dad's help, of course! *smile*)
You are one-in-a-million, Mom, and even though yesterday was really MY day, I believe it was YOURS, too!
With all my love, I just want to say again, Thanks, Mom!!!
Your daughter,
Charlotte

What a beautiful tribute to the our Mom. Love you, Sis and thanks for being the family 'recorder'
ReplyDeleteYou are truly blessed and gifted.