Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A New Day!

The name of my blog is: My Song In The Morning, and if you look back to my original post, you'll read about why I chose this name. Today was one of those days when a song (and this one from long, long ago) was on my mind.

'Twas the Dawn of A Beautiful Day
(By Eddy Arnold)

Verse One

'Twas the dawn of a beautiful, beautiful day
When Jesus came into my heart
He came in the blackness and darkness of night
And bade all my sins to depart

Chorus

The old days are gone 
And a new day I see
He made all things new
When He set my heart free
'Twas the dawn of a beautiful, beautiful day
When Jesus came into my heart

Verse Two

'Twas the dawn of a beautiful, beautiful day
I'll walk in the old paths no more
I'll whisper the story to hearts that are sad
And tell of the Christ I adore

I sang this song in church a few times when I was probably twelve years old, but the words and melody  bring back wonderful memories to me. On May 1, 1965, a beautiful day dawned for me when Jesus came into my heart by the power of the Holy Ghost!!  What a glorious day it was, but this gift of God has become more treasured as the years have passed.

My heart is bursting with memories of forty-eight years of God's blessings! I am grateful for being raised by God-fearing, God-loving parents. My soul cherishes knowing and believing the Apostolic message.

One verse that has always been a favorite of mine is:


Psalm 71:5 - For thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth.

Thanks for celebrating with me today!





2 comments: