"My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up." Psalm 5:3
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Trust
I am the only daughter of my parents, and I fit right in the middle of two brothers! As is often the rule, I was dubbed "Daddy's girl", and I didn't mind that title one bit!
One thing I well remember is taking walks with my Dad, and how my small hand always felt inside his big, strong one. It didn't matter where we were going - usually we were walking a few city blocks in Chicago, where I grew up. The main thing was that I felt secure. I never doubted my safety, and I never doubted that I would arrive at the destination. Pure, simple, child-like trust, and I was not even aware that I possessed it.
Recently, I experienced some troubling thoughts regarding my life and where God was taking me. As is our custom, we were listening to Enlighten on our XM radio. A song came on and I stopped what I was doing and listened to the Sisters (Ruppe Sisters) sing.....
I'm gonna make it
He already said I would
I'll keep on trusting
'Cause I know He's working all things for my good
He walks beside me
And Heaven is in my view
Oh, I'm gonna make it through
Wow! A message in song! It was then that I remembered how I trusted my earthly father as we walked - my hand in his. God was reminding me that He holds my hand now and always will. Just as I didn't know for sure where my Dad was taking me, I don't always know the path that God is leading me down. But, one thing I do know, and I thank God for His word and for gospel songs that remind us - We will arrive at our destination safely. We simply have to trust!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

My Sister -
ReplyDeleteBeautiful.
How often I find I have to hold these memories close and how often I also find that I have to reach up to place my hand in the hand of my Heavenly Father whose everlasting arms hold me when I can't take another step.
I love you and thank you for sharing,
Casey
Thanks, Brother! I'm so glad for the memories we share, but especially that we have the same Heavenly Father, too!!
Delete