
Demi Grace Mills is my seven-year-old granddaughter from Illinois, who was able to be with her sister, Carli, and attend our VBS program this year. When I call Demi's name, I love putting her first and middle names together; something I don't think I do too often with the other grandchildren. I just love the combination of Demi Grace; a sweet name!
Demi loves church activities and during this year's VBS "crazy praise" time, she and her Daddy, Benjamin (our youngest son), were partners to the song, "Lean On Me." I loved watching them interact with the motions. The two of them would lean toward each other for the words, "Lean on me, Brother, when you need a friend." It was hard to capture in a picture, but it will forever be captured in my heart.
We all need someone to lean on when the pressures of life get to us. Demi and Benjamin leaned on each other in the song, and it is so like leaning on our Heavenly Father. Unlike humans, God doesn't ever waver when we lean on Him. He's our Solid Rock.
Keep leaning on your earthly Daddy, Demi.... but both of you keep leaning on your Heavenly Father!
Love always,
Mimi/Mom
How sweet! Love my Demi too!
ReplyDelete