Wednesday, July 6, 2011

No Weeds "Hee-yah"!



At the beginning of spring, I started preparing my flowerbeds along the front walkway of our house. Maddox, my four-year-old-grandson who lives in Senatobia, was visiting and, of course, he wanted to help Mimi pull weeds. While I was working on one side, he was on the other. Several times I heard him say, "No weeds hee-yah!" He says a lot of words similar to how my daughter Heidi said them as a little girl, so instead of "No weeds here," it came out as "hee-yah!" This made the word all that much cuter.

Recently in prayer, I felt the need for the Master Gardener to walk among the garden of my heart. I knew there were some things in there that He didn't plant, and for me to grow in Him, they must be uprooted. The Bible mentions the "root of bitterness"... so when that ugly weed tries to plant itself in my heart, I know that it must be dealt with immediately, and all roots must be demolished. Only the skillful hand of Jesus Christ, my Lord, and my Master Gardener, can deal with such a weed.

When Jesus Christ returns, and I hope He does very soon, I want Him to say with the deepest love in His eyes, as He looks upon my life, and maybe He'll even mimic Maddox...."No weeds hee-yah!"

I love you, Maddox, my little garden buddy!!

MIMI

1 comment:

  1. Love the post! I love hearing Maddox talk too! You always say he sounds like I did. I try to imagine it. LOL

    Thanks for the reminder.......I don't want "No weeds hee-yah!"

    Love,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete