Thursday, July 7, 2011

Vacation Bible School - 2011


We recently held our annual Vacation Bible School at our church. Two of my granddaughters, Demi (7) and Carli (4), who make their home in Illinois, were able to be a part of this year's program. Over forty-five children registered in the program, making this our biggest year ever! From Monday through Thursday, our great team of leaders (whether teaching, singing, helping with crafts or food) worked together to allow all these children to have a good time.

Carli, my four-year-old granddaughter, rode home with me following the last night's activities. She loves to talk and was keeping up a steady conversation. I, on the other hand, could hardly wait to get home and crash! All of a sudden, sweet little Carli says, "Mimi, I love Cation Bible School!" I know the experts tell us that we should teach children to say words properly, but Carli's version of "Cation" Bible School instead of Vacation Bible School, was just to precious to correct.

The adults who helped with VBS this year deserve more awards than we could ever give out, but I received a special blessing that night when Carli let me know how much she loved the program. Children know how to take away the pressure of the program, and show us in their innocent ways that it's all about loving what we're doing!!

I love you, Carli, my little conversationalist!!! And Mimi loves "Cation" Bible School, too!!

Love,
Mimi

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had such a great turn out!! That is awesome!!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete