
Eight years ago today, our first granddaughter, Salena Corinne Mills, was born...thus making my husband and I grandparents for the very first time. We were thrilled beyond words. As Salena grew, she did call me Mimi, as I had hoped she would; and all our other grandchildren followed suit.
The picture I chose to post of Salena was taken recently at her second grade award ceremony. One of the songs that she sang, along with her classmates, was "I believe I can fly." Salena loved that song, and continued singing it long after the award ceremony was over. The song is so much like her because she really believes she can "fly"! She loves school; is very intelligent; and is constantly on the move.
Salena loves to spend Sunday afternoons with me, and she always asks, "Mimi, can I take a nap with you?" She knows that this Mimi is a "religious" napper!!! LOL
Happy Birthday, Salena... and thank you, Lord, for allowing me to be a Mimi!!
Yes I remember that Sunday Morning also when Salena started making her entrance in the world!
ReplyDeleteHard to believe she's 8 now. Wow! How time flies. I'm so proud of her too.
Just made me tear up completely.... Never knew in a millions years you could love someone so much!!!! Salena has made me a proud mother for 8 years!!!! And you are the GREATEST MIMI EVER!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat post and a very happy (and belated) birthday to Salena!!!
ReplyDeleteLove and miss you all.
Go Salena!